Thursday, July 07, 2005

Mountin' up

I'm undoing adulthood slowly and trying to regain the skills of my youth, the skills I had that I didn't even know I had until I lost them.

Hand-less
I'm making progress on riding without hands. I'm getting really good at this. I don't want to get overconfident like this dude, but I'm again able to ride "look ma" style.

Gettin' on and off
After about two years of halfhearted attempts, and a mounting desire to compete in my first cyclocross race, it will become important to learn a cyclocross mount and dismount.

Even more importantly, this mount looks smooth and fancy!

The way I mount now: stop bike, flip pedal upwards, flip leg over. Clip in on right side, push off.

That's slow. A cyclocross mount, or some other "moving mount" sounds a whole lot quicker.

I'd also like to re-learn the "hop hop hop, swing one leg over" mount. My dad, age 64, always mounts this way. It looks scary to me, but also cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home