Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The body yearns

Anna is now 3 weeks old, and my body is yearning to get back on the bike. The spring showers have subsided, short sleeved shirts are making their way back upstairs from plastic tubs in basements and fat people on overpriced bikes are showing up on the streets of my neighborhood.

I'm feeling better, mostly. The lack of sleep isn't killing me, but I'm not completely healed up down there. I'm yearning to gingerly swing my leg over the bike, just to remember what it feels like, but I don't want to, erm, rip anything back open. That'd be inconvenient for me and the baby.

I have had very little - okay no - me-time, so I don't feel like I'm being a bad mamma, abandoning my babe, my sweetest of the sweetie pies, my most wonderful, special, adorable, perfect child. Instead, I'm interested in maintaining part of my own identity, and in time, enabling Anna to join me on bike rides.

So, I not-so-patiently wait for my followup doctor's appointment and hope he gives the thumbs up.

------
Speaking of postpartum cycling, this VeloNews article says 10 weeks postpartum is a typical back on bike schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home