Tuesday, November 23, 2004

New to the Internet? Call me!

I am the free Internet tutor. People call up, wanting to get to our Web page but not knowing how. I spend 10, 20 minutes helping them (while multitasking).

I'm actually quite willing to help because hopefully they'll return to our page again, since I've been such a helpful person. Maybe.

Most of my conversations go like this:

CALLER: "See, I'm on the computer now. Just tell me what to type into Microsoft Search."

Well the problem is that you are on a SEARCH page. That means that you don't have the address already. I will GIVE you the address.

"That's fine. So what should I type into the search field again?"

There's something called the address bar. Do you know what that is?

"No."

It's that long white line at the top of the page. Do you see that? That's where you type in addresses.

Long pause. "Oooooooooooooooooooooh!"



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home