Wednesday, June 15, 2005

commute report

miles when i got home (because i forgot to check when i got to work because i was swamped, damnit!): 1710.4

for all of you who ride the same route daily: you know when you run over the same piece of trash several days in a row? no? i'm the only idiot out there? y'all have daily street cleanings? great.

it's not like i'm running over a teeny, tiny piece of metal that could puncture my tire. instead, it's some random, harmless hunk that's obscured by the shade. for example, that damn coat hanger i ran over like 100 days in a row and kept meaning to stop and throw on the sidewalk but never did.

what's odd is i go around most crap, like the puddle of safety glass squares when someone's car window is broken out, or potholes (the kind my husband insists on riding right through for no good reason). i'm really careful there, but then there's that damn wire coathanger...

other objets d' road: a big old rusty bolt that could be/was part of a car or something. it's on the big hill and i keep meaning to throw that on the sidewalk too.

other roadkill: some brown wingtips (dress shoes). in about 2 days they went from simply sitting in the middle of the road (one in one lane, one in the other) to PANCAKED -- shiny and not a scratch on them but completely flat. now (day 5, i think) they're starting to get scratched up a bit.

question for you: what's the oddest thing you've seen/run over while on your bike recently?

3 Comments:

Blogger Hazel Donovan said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
cash for car brisbane
car removal ipswich

6:46 PM  
Blogger Hashtag Car Removal said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
accidental car removal
bus wreckers sydney

7:52 PM  
Blogger Max Cash For Cars said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
cash for cars ipswich
cash for cars removal logan

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home