Tuesday, April 05, 2005

bike report

Mileage when I got to work: 1074.5

I know I posted this before, but it's still true, nearly a week after the cold has broken: I'm having a hard time adjusting to warmer weather rides to work. I still wear my tights (it's in the 50's going to work, so that's about right) and I also wear a tee shirt in between my jersey and light jacket. The jacket doesn't even have any lining.

Today's riding home forecast will be incredible - sunny and temps in the 70's. Nice. Not tights weather at all!

Rode downtown last night with husband, through some parks, past Opening Day festivities and made it home just in time for sunset. We were careful (well, as careful as one can be besides not riding) to avoid drunken people.

We also rode together to work, at least partway. I "dropped him off", so to speak, and then continued a few miles more to my work. It's not nearly as cool as those tandem families with the parents and kids all mounted up on a long bike. I read one time there's a dad who commutes via tandem and drops his kids off at school (via tandem) on the way. Not being too familiar, I gotta wonder how he can ride the tandem alone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We should ride to work together more often. I wish the commute were longer.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home